The hottest temperatures are expected on Monday and Tuesday, with highs of 40°C possible.
The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) will continue to monitor any heat-related illness and work closely with the Met Office, the NHS and other government departments to assess the impacts of this hot weather.
Top tips for staying safe in hot weather include:
- Look out for those who may struggle to keep themselves cool and hydrated – older people, those with underlying conditions and those who live alone are particularly at risk
- Stay cool indoors by closing curtains on rooms that face the sun – please remember that it may be cooler outdoors than indoors
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid excess alcohol
- Never leave anyone in a closed, parked vehicle, especially infants, young children or animals
- Try to keep out of the sun between 11am to 3pm, when the UV rays are strongest
- Check medicines can be stored according to the instructions on the packaging